Lucida treatment center offers an intensive outpatient program (IOP) to help ease the transition back into everyday life following our residential addiction treatment program and women’s mood disorders program. Our IOP provides structure and support in early recovery when clients are still building resilience and healthy coping skills.
Why an Outpatient Program?
According to research by the National Institute of Drug Abuse, longer treatment (90 days or more) offers the best chances for long-term recovery from substance use disorders. Our outpatient program gives clients more time to develop resiliency through an uninterrupted continuum of care.
Clients learn life skills and address real-world triggers with support from the same treatment team and recovery community they know from their residential program. This helps clients continue to build upon the trusting, therapeutic relationships and friendships they’ve already developed. To promote self-sufficiency and self-confidence in recovery, clients also get help with job searches and interviewing as well as learn practical skills like budgeting and cooking.
What to Expect in Intensive Outpatient Treatment
Clients live in nearby sober-living residences and attend programming five days a week while readjusting to everyday life through off-campus activities in the afternoons and evenings.
Our outpatient program includes:
- Morning group therapy every weekday led by master’s level clinicians
- Individual session with the same therapist the client worked with in residential treatment
- Sessions with Lucida’s psychiatric team
- Well-balanced meals prepared by our culinary team
- Help with resumes, job searches and interview preparation
- Flexibility in the afternoons and evenings to interview for jobs, go shopping, visit the beach or practice recovery skills in other everyday situations
- Opportunities to build supportive, sober relationships by participating in alumni groups and alumni events
- Training on managing medications
- Nutrition education and cooking instruction
- Practice managing a budget and shopping conservatively
- Onsite and offsite support group meetings
- Relapse prevention work
Our outpatient treatment program gives clients a chance to put their new recovery skills into practice. They go out into the world and encounter challenges and triggers that come with everyday life while getting support from clinicians and peers in a safe, nurturing environment. This can help them feel more confident as they transition back into life after treatment.