At Lucida women’s mental health retreat, we treat clients with depression, trauma, bipolar disorder and other mental health disorders. During mental health and mood disorder treatment, clients may participate in a variety of evidence-based therapies including individual and group therapy, EMDR and psychodrama. Each client receives a personalized treatment plan based on a series of assessments. Our psychiatrist, therapists and nursing staff collaborate to ensure each client’s unique needs are met.
Symptoms of Mental Health Issues in Women
Women are more likely than men to suffer from certain mental illnesses. For example, women are twice as likely as men to experience depression and certain anxiety disorders. According to the World Health Organization, approximately 23.8% of women in the U.S. have experienced a mental health disorder in the past year, compared to an estimated 15.6% of men.
Women also tend to have different risk factors and mental health symptoms. For example, the following symptoms are common among women:
- Persistent feelings of worthlessness, hopelessness or sadness
- Excessive worry or fear
- Extreme mood swings
- Major changes in diet, weight or sleep patterns
- Low energy
- Social isolation
- Suicidal thoughts
- Lack of interest or joy
- Drug or alcohol abuse or other destructive behaviors
- Unexplained aches or other physical health problems
Our treatment team is experienced with identifying and treating a wide range of mental health disorders, with a unique understanding of the ways mental health disorders impact women’s lives.
Why a Gender-Specific Women’s Mental Health Retreat?
Research shows mental health and mood disorder treatment is most effective for women when they’re in treatment with other women. Here are a few reasons why:
- Many women feel safer and more comfortable talking about difficult feelings and experiences, such as past trauma, shame, body image issues and self-esteem, with other women who understand what they’re going through.
- Women can focus on their recovery without distractions.
- Women can be themselves without pressure to impress someone else or fear of judgment.
- Women can discuss issues that are highly relevant to them rather than spending time on men’s issues.
For all of these reasons, we provide separate mental health and mood disorder treatment programs for women and men at Lucida. At the same time, we don’t believe clients are best served by living in a bubble, completely removed from the realities of daily life outside treatment. Therefore, some of our groups combine men and women and we create supervised opportunities for men and women to interact in healthy ways, a skill they will use after treatment ends.
Research shows evidence-based mental health and mood disorder treatment works. Therapies such as cognitive behavioral therapy and dialectical behavior therapy skills training, combined with medication as needed, can transform your life. At Lucida, our goal is to stop mental health issues from getting in the way of the life you want. Call us at 844-874-8503 to take the first step.