Craniosacral therapy is a highly effective and gentle hands-on form of therapy. It was developed over 100 years ago by Dr. William Sutherland, who found that intrinsic movement within the body revealed different rhythms.
Clinical observation has proven that movement is an expression of health. Restriction of movement corresponds to a reduction of health and limits the body’s natural capacity for self-healing. Health is active and alive; it is an expression of our life force from moment to moment. Craniosacral therapy supports aliveness and the ability to heal. It increases our vitality, and not only effects structural changes within the body, but also has much wider implications, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. The result is an increased sense of well-being that can be expressed in many aspects of our lives, from strengthening the immune system to having a greater sense of ourselves and improving interpersonal relationships.
To learn more about craniosacral therapy at Lucida, Call 844-874-8503
Craniosacral therapy is increasingly used as a preventive health measure for its ability to improve immune functioning. It is also very effective in the treatment of a wide range of medical issues associated with pain, dysfunction, stress, trauma and nervous system dysregulation, including:
- Central Nervous System Disorders
- Chronic Fatigue
- Chronic Neck and Back Pain
- Emotional Difficulties
- Fibromyalgia and other Connective-Tissue Disorders
- Migraine Headaches
- Motor-Coordination Impairments
- Neurovascular or Immune Disorders
- Orthopedic Problems
- Post-Surgical Dysfunction
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Stress and Tension-Related Problems
- Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)
- Traumatic Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
What to Expect During a Session
Craniosacral therapy is a weekly one-one-one session conducted by an independent therapist. In a typical cranial session at Lucida, you will lie on a table fully clothed, and the therapist lightly and gently places their hands on certain areas of the body (bones of the skull, including the face and mouth, spine and pelvis) while checking in with you to make sure you feel comfortable.
Clients can experience a sense of deep relaxation, in addition to other sensations that may manifest as heat, coolness, tingling, lightness, contraction and expansion, to name just a few. These sensations signify areas of tension and/or energy being released within the body in order to re-establish natural rhythm and balance. A sense of peace, wholeness and well -being can be experienced as your system settles through a process of deep relaxation.
Craniosacral therapy at Lucida offers the following benefits:
- A safe way to release unexpressed emotions
- Balances the performance of the brain and spinal cord
- Pinpoints the source of obstruction or stress
- Promotes the body’s own healing capacity through natural movements
- Facilitates the processing of trauma
- Increases self-confidence
Expert treatment in a healing environment. Call Lucida. 844-874-8503