Alcohol abuse can make you hate the person you’ve become. You should know that addiction is a disease of the brain. You can’t just “will yourself” to stop abusing substances. The good news is that with the right treatment, you can get better and build the life you want.
There are different levels of alcohol problems. Not every binge drinker or heavy drinker is an alcoholic. But if you continue to drink despite negative consequences, you may be dependent on alcohol. If you or someone you love is struggling with alcohol abuse, we can help. Call to talk with a recovery specialist at 844-878-1996.
What to Expect in Inpatient Rehab for Alcohol Addiction
Lucida offers treatment for alcoholism that can change your life. Our treatment programs help you face the problems that led you to abuse alcohol. You’ll work with a team of therapists, psychiatrists, and addiction specialists who can guide you toward a new, sober life.
When you come to Lucida, we’ll evaluate your overall health and your mental health. After physical and psychological examinations, we’ll determine if you have any co-occurring disorders along with alcoholism, like mental illness. This is known as a dual diagnosis. If you require alcohol detox, we’ll connect you with a reputable facility and ensure a smooth transition back into our care.
Inpatient drug rehab begins with abstinence from alcohol. It continues with behavioral therapy and treatment options to improve your emotional well-being. We offer varying lengths of stay based on factors like your clinical needs and insurance coverage.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Many people who seek treatment for alcohol addiction find that there are underlying issues they must also address. Research shows people often use alcohol to cope with the symptoms of mental illnesses such as:
- Anxiety disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
At Lucida, we provide integrated dual diagnosis treatment. You’ll get expert psychiatric care for co-occurring mental disorders.
Alcoholism Treatment Options
Lucida’s alcohol addiction treatment program is built on comprehensive and compassionate care. During inpatient treatment you’ll work with experienced therapists. You’ll learn new ways to manage your emotions and cope with triggers.
Lucida offers a multidisciplinary approach that may include the following alcohol treatment options:
- Individual therapy – Work closely with a counselor to explore emotional issues and unhealthy thoughts and beliefs. Individual therapy is a safe place to talk about issues you’re not comfortable discussing in group sessions. It’s also an opportunity to further explore things that come up in group therapy.
- Group therapy – Attend daily group counseling sessions with other clients. Group therapy helps you feel less isolated in your problems. You’ll build interpersonal skills and learn to communicate honestly and openly.
- Gestalt therapy – Learn to focus on the present and better regulate emotions. During gestalt therapy, you’ll engage in exercises that help you heal relationships and accept your true self.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) – Identify thoughts and beliefs that aren’t serving you well. Learn to replace them with healthier more productive ones. CBT is a proven approach in alcohol and drug addiction recovery.
- Trauma therapy – Begin healing from PTSD and complex trauma. Therapies such as EMDR (eye movement desensitization and reprocessing) help you attend to past trauma that’s interfering with the present.
- Fitness – Mend the physical damage of addiction and learn healthy coping skills. Activities like fitness and yoga help you restore physical well-being and feel better mentally.
- 12-step alternatives – Take part in support groups like the 12 Steps and 12-Step alternatives. We know everyone doesn’t relate to the 12 Steps. That’s why we also offer non-12-step groups like SMART Recovery.
- Family support – Repair your relationships with loved ones. Family therapy helps you address difficult topics with the help of a counselor. Our family program educates loved ones about addiction and teaches them how to support you and themselves.
During inpatient alcohol rehab, you’ll live in comfortable residences in Palm Beach County, Florida. You can share a room with another client or live in a private room for an extra charge. Our residences include warm décor, cozy furnishings, en suite bathrooms and welcoming gathering areas. During the day, you’ll participate in treatment at our facility, just steps away.
You’ll learn new coping skills and relationship skills as part of relapse prevention planning at Lucida. Continuing care may include:
- Referrals to doctors, therapists and professionals
- Outpatient rehab
- Assistance in finding substance abuse support groups
- Referrals to sober living facilities as needed
What Causes Alcohol Addiction?
There are many things that can influence people to become alcoholics. Research shows there are significant psychological, genetic, and environmental causes of alcohol abuse.
Genetics – There are clear genetic markers for alcohol abuse in families. If you have a family member who drank to excess such as a father, mother, grandparent or uncle, you’re at higher risk of alcoholism. There’s also an impulsivity gene that can be passed from generation to generation.
Trauma – Childhood trauma and other stressful life experiences can lead you to drink to try to feel better.
Mental illness – When people are suffering from mental or emotional challenges, they may reach for alcohol to ease symptoms. Over time this can lead to chronic alcohol abuse or alcoholism.
Environment – Alcohol may be prevalent in your environment. Some people become addicted to alcohol as college students. What begins as partying as part of campus life may become a lifelong pattern. There is often some kind of crisis or alcoholic intervention that leads to seeking alcohol rehab treatment.
We Accept Insurance
Lucida works with several insurance providers. Call our recovery advisors today to get an insurance benefits check. We’ll work directly with your insurance company to provide you an estimate at no cost to you. Call 844-878-1996.
Change Your Life with Inpatient Alcohol Addiction Treatment
Lucida will help you on your recovery journey. We’ll develop a personalized plan, so you can explore the deeper emotional issues around excessive drinking. Let us help you quit drinking and create a better life in sobriety. Speak confidentially to a recovery specialist today. Call 844-878-1996.